GitLab is a web-based Git repository manager similar to GitHub. GitLab can be self-hosted and we do just that with https://gitlab.opengeosys.org. For the moment all OGS repositories are still hosted at github.com/ufz but we store benchmark data files on our own GitLab because of storage limits on GitHub.
To submit a PR containing also new benchmark files (or in general: containing files tracked by
git-lfs) you need an account on our GitLab server.
Setup an account
- Creating a GitLab account can be done by simply using your existing GitHub account: click the GitHub logo (octocat) on the Gitlab sign-in page
- You will be redirected to GitHub (please login there) and asked for authorization.
- Your new user account will be blocked at first, please let us know we will unblock it
- Once unblocked, on the ogs group page click the button
Request access. We will then give access to the repo. If the button is not there we already gave you access.
- Create a GitLab personal access token, enable the following scopes:
read_user. This is the password you have to use when pushing a PR which also contains
git-lfs-tracked files. Your user name is the same as your GitHub user name.
- For caching credentials you may want to use a git credential helper.
This article was written by Lars Bilke. If you are missing something or you find an error please let us know.
Generated with Hugo 0.53. Last revision: February 26, 2018
Commit: [web] Finished advanced section in devguide. a50886a67
| Edit this page on